• If you are experienced enough to read and understand a land survey, you can simply request a copy of the land survey or subdivision plot from your city clerk’s office. These documents are required to have detailed information regarding where your property boundaries are. However, these documents are also quite complex and are written so that professional surveyors can read and understand them.